Sunday, January 8, 2012

In all times, be crafty

About a month and a half ago, my oldest daughter, Elora, broke her ankle in a tricycle accident. This happened on Nov. 18th and she got her cast on a week after that, then finally got it off on Dec. 21st, which is also her birthday. What a birthday! Lol. Well, after it happened, I was trying to think of some things I could get or make for her to do while being stuck on the couch that first week until she got her cast on, because as you can imagine (or probably know), it is incredibly difficult to keep a two year old still for any amount of time. It was very hard on her as she rarely stays still anymore. I had planned on making her a fleece blanket and pillow set for Christmas so I went ahead and did that and also make a cushioned lap desk for her to use. I love the lap desks but can not imagine paying the crazy cost most of them have. Here are some pics of my baby girl all laid up.

Her using her lap desk and her pillow to prop her poor leg up.

The very nice doctor let her pick her cast color. She picked purple.
Imagine that. LOL.
Playing with her baby doll. She loves being a little mommy. :)

Pretending to nurse her baby. What a wonderful girl we have!


Well, I took pictures of the items I made for her also. I had found the fabric on clearance at Walmart. It is a cute little care bear fleece and a purple fleece. I had just enough to make everything I wanted.

This shows all the items.

The pillow, side and front. 19"x12"hre
The lap desk top, side, and bottom. Yes, the top is a cookie sheet. :) Elora picked out the ribbon wrapped around it.

Curled up with all of them. :)

She was so happy to get that cast off even though it took about a day before she could walk on it again. Now she uses the blanket (which is just the right size for her toddler bed) and pillow in bed and the lap desk when she colors on the couch still.

Just goes to show... In all times, be crafty! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment