Saturday, August 18, 2012

So Many New Things!

This is the first new post in a while.  Big things are happening here, both on the home front and in the business.  My 3 year old daughter, who will be 4 in December, just started head-start and also ballet.  She loves it and is doing so well at both!  She is growing up far too quickly.  My 1 year old, who will be in 2 in December, is super talkative and amazingly smart.  They both are incredible.  My husband and I are doing fantastic as well.  We are more in love than ever and growing closer each day.  This October will make 6 years of marriage for us and we are truly looking forward to a lifetime more.  

Now, on to the business part.  LOL.  

The newest bit of news is the creation of my custom logo.  I drew it myself and had it digitalized by the wonderful April from Creative Ape Studios.  Check her out for all your digital needs.  :)  I chose to draw this particular design  to express a lot of my creative mediums including gift baskets, sock animals, crocheting, and sewing.  I just LOVE how it turned out.

I am currently working on creating a new email newsletter that will be sent out monthly.  Each newsletter will contain news on the business, a feature on another wonderful business, email exclusive contests, updates on events that Gifket will be participating in, among other surprise tid bits.

Gifket will be working with Kiss the Toad Creations to host a "Cape Crusader" party for the kids at the local Ronald McDonald House located in Chattanooga.  We are all hoping to make this a nation wide event.  Typically at these events there are superhero cupcakes, a photographer to take pictures, superhero balloons, gift basket raffles and a few actual Superheroes in Costume mingling with the kids. Each child at the Ronald McDonald House and their siblings will also receive a custom made superhero cape from Kiss The Toad Creations.  I am personally very excited to be apart of this wonderful cause.

Speaking of causes, another thing I will be doing is donating a portion of my profits each month to worthy causes, some choices of mine, some nominated by friends, family, or customers.  For more info, please see the note on the Gifket Facebook page.  

Thank you so much for reading my newest post and I promise to keep it up!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment